One of my most favorite go to meals from home is my super powerful salad I make. I often will add a meat to it like roast chicken or turkey and sometimes with eat it vegan style. Here is how I make my salad. You should try it sometime.
1.Couple handfuls of spinach
- Hemp hearts (4 tbsp.)
- Avocado ( a whole one) and avocado oil- as much as needed
- Chia seeds (1 tbsp.)
- Nutritional yeast flakes (a great cheese substitute!)
- Pink Himalayan rock salt
- Milled Flaxseed (1 tbsp.)
- Triple peppercorn
- Cucumber slices
- Tomatoes ( grape or on the vine)
- Balsamic vinegar (as little as you want).
Below are the list of nutritional facts and health benefits and why I choose to use them on my power salad.
1.Spinach: is a source of vitamins like folate, niacin, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C and traces of the rest of the essential vitamins. Other important elements, including thiamine and riboflavin, which are used in various reactions in our body. The best part is that spinach has a low fat content and it helps with complexion and glowing skin too.
- Hemp seeds (AKA Hemp Hearts)are rich in healthy fats and essential fatty acids. They are also a great complete protein source (15 grams of protein in 4 tablespoons) and contain high amounts of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc.
- Avocados and avocado oil- Great healthy fat. Reduces Cholesterol and Improves Heart Health. 4.4 grams of protein in one whole avocado.
- Rich in Oleic Acid, a Very Healthy Fat.
- Reduces Cholesterol and Improves Heart Health.
- High in Lutein, an Antioxidant That has Benefits for The Eyes.
- Enhances the Absorption of Important Nutrients.
- Chia seeds- 1 ounce = 4.4 grams of protein. Chia seeds benefits include promoting healthy skin, reducing signs of aging, supporting the heart and digestive system, building stronger bones and muscles, and more. They’ve even been linked to helping reverse diabetes. Packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Nutritional Yeast: A perfect addition to any meal providing nutrition while saving calories. Nutritional yeast is one source of complete protein and vitamins, in particular B-complex vitamins. It contains folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, seleniumand zinc, making it a add on to just about anything.
- Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. It has all kinds of nutritional and therapeutic properties, not to mention culinary uses. You can use it as a healthier option to processed salt. Pink Himalayan Rock salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron.
- Milled Flaxseed- Flaxseed is a source of healthy fat, antioxidants, and fiber; modern research has found evidence to suggest that flaxseed can also help lower the risk of diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
Sent from my iPhone